Hiring Organization / Company: Nemours
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The Public Relations Specialist helps to develop strategic communications initiatives targeting the media, patients, and the public to enhance and protect the reputation of Nemours and its Associates. This individual must be a self-starter with a panache for identifying and packaging compelling stories. The role requires an understanding of how to create and drive key messages through traditional media relations, thought leadership, digital content creation, award nominations and other tactics as identified. The candidate should possess an aptitude for building internal and external relationships, and have an excellent track record in placing stories in Jacksonville and the state of Florida as well as national media. This role will primarily focus on the Nemours' Children's Specialty Care, Jacksonville with the goal of story mining differentiators that can lead to opportunities for national recognition. The Public Relations Specialist will be reporting to the director of Enterprise Public Relations.
Employ a keen sense of what 'makes' a great story, compelling patients and other key stakeholders to recognize Nemours as a leader in pediatric healthcare.
- Possess an understanding of healthcare innovation that fuels strategy and success in securing national media coverage.
- Cultivate relationships with Nemours researchers, clinicians and other internal stakeholders to learn about and then capture the elements needed to secure the interest of journalists resulting in outstanding media coverage.
- Grow relationships with the media in Nemours' key markets in Florida with a focus on Jacksonville and in conjunction with colleagues in Orlando and Pensacola for statewide opportunities.
- Aptitude for strengthen existing and cultivate new relationships with partner hospitals, and patient and community organizations to grow visibility of Nemours and underscore its thought leadership.
- Proactively identify issues that may impact the organization's reputation and help develop communications plans to mitigate situation.
- Create a variety of digital communications products including video news releases, edited videos for social media and still photos ensuring all of them adhere to brand standards.
- Write communications products including press releases, fact sheets, award nominations, and speeches, ensuring each includes timely, accurate information and key messages.
- Experience with media and social media tools such as Cision, TV Eyes, PR Newswire's Online Newsroom, Sprinklr, Adobe Spark, iMovie and other tools used daily by the public relations team.
- Support the development of PR reports that articulate the team' ROI.
- Engage with external entities such as hospital partners and trade organizations, and ensure Nemours is showcased appropriately in their communications efforts.
- Possess a willingness to travel throughout Florida when necessary (post COVID-19) and work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends.
Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, or other related field
- Prior experience in healthcare
- Relationships with journalists in Jacksonville, Florida as well as national media
- Understanding of business and community organizations and leaders in assigned geographic area
- 7-10 years of experience
Job Location Information:
Location: Jacksonville, Fl 32256
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs these days. Usually, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not alone. There are several other people out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center will also be simple if you recognize the place to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are tips to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are a fantastic and commonly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly supply critical coaching, property, and systems for task seekers. These companies will also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or those with little operating experience. A easy Internet experiment for job firms for your areaought to discover where and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The end function for that may be to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply firms the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can usually be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn into into a long-lasting process for the people who carry out smartly during their working.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of money whilst money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.