Hiring Organization / Company: Acceptance Insurance
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
As a Team Member at Acceptance Insurance, you will be part of a growing organization that continues to evolve and positively impacts the lives of our team members and customers.
We are looking for team members that engage – who take responsibility for themselves and take care of their customers and colleagues. Ideal candidates can compose themselves under pressure, have a “make It right” mindset, and focus their energies on solving problems. This means you’ll be supported by a team with all these qualities, too. If this sounds like the kind of team you’d like to join, we want to hear from you!
Acceptance Insurance offers a full line of benefits including: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Disability Insurance and Employer Matching 401(k) Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants are considered for position and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status or any other protected local, state or federal status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
This Claim Adjuster position is a full time work remote claim adjuster position that reports into either Tampa, FL, or Nashville, TN. As a Property Damage Adjuster II, you will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation, disposition, and settlement of Auto Liability claims, to determine legal liability, damages, and coverage. Assigned claims may involve Single vehicle or multiple vehicle losses, uninsured/underinsured PD motorist claims and complex coverage issues requiring direct involvement in property damage claim handling with minimal supervision. Exceptional evaluation and judgment skills are required to develop all potential exposures in the file, and to properly set expense and indemnity reserves. Protection of our Insured’s and the Company’s financial exposures are critical.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and conduct investigations (including but not limited to interviewing parties involved, collecting and evaluating documentation and securing evidence and protecting the chain-of-custody, determine inspection needs, order police reports, scene investigation, take witness statements, review material damage photos, etc.) to analyze coverage, determine liability, compensability, and extent of damages
- Identity and work to resolve minor injury claims with early settlement opportunities eliminating the need to transfer file to the Casualty Unit
- Assume responsibility for property damage claims; including attorney represented and non-represented parties, for both first- and third-party claimants
- Demonstrates a high level of investigation, analysis, evaluation, and negotiation including interpretation of coverages
- Adherence to proper procedures relating to inspection and evaluation of property damage claims and make recommendations for the disposition of claims more than individual settlement authority
- Evaluate policy coverage, contact insureds, claimants, attorneys, body shops while determining and establishing reserve requirements
- Document computer log with results of review and intentions for handling
- Compile information for decision making with discussion of claims committee where appropriate
- Maintain accurate records and handle administrative responsibilities associated with processing and payment of claims, record and update status notes, and document results of contacts per Best Practices
- Determine need for independent adjusters, cause and origin experts, economists, accident re-constructionists, and engineers
- Respond timely and appropriately to all settlement demands
- Keep internal and external customers advised of file status and other matters, as required
- Evaluate claim for potential fraud and work with Special Investigations Unit, as required
- Assess actual damages associated with claims and conduct negotiations to settle claims
- Determine if subrogation exists and take steps necessary to initiate recovery efforts
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Possesses strong customer service skills and behaviors
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident, and timely manner
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, promotes, and facilitates free and open communication
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations, and case law
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies, and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements, or priorities
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, excel, word, etc.)
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate state adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits
- Minimum of two (2) years of property claims handling experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College Degree preferred or equivalent experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to do manual tasks which may include the use of hands to finger and handle controls. Tasks may also require the ability to talk or hear. The team member will frequently sit, bend, and reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Location Information:
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs at the moment. Usually, you’re going to don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a few other folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center will also be easy if you realize the place to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are tips to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are a fantastic and recurrently overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often provide vital training, assets, and programs for task seekers. Those firms will also be particularly useful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A simple Internet experiment for job firms to your areaought to discover the place and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The tip goal for that is to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give firms the best way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can regularly be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise change into into a long lasting task for the people who carry out smartly throughout their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash while money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.