Hiring Organization / Company: Uf Health Shands Hospital
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process and standards of practice for a professional nurse. The RN is expected to perform all staff nurse activities and function as charge nurse when assigned. The RN maintains overall accountability/responsibility for assigned patients, even though some activities/tasks may be delegated to Technical Nurses, Patient Care Associates, and/or Sitters. Assignments are performed appropriately to age and developmental level of patients being served.
All Age Groups.
Specific course work: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
New hires effective June 14, 2017, must have a BSN degree from an accredited school of nursing within three (3) years of hire or transfer into the position. New hires or transfers into in the position between August 1, 2013 and June 13, 2017 must abide with the conditions in his or her offer letter and the verbiage in the job description signed upon hire or transfer into the position. Current employees who were hired or transferred into the position prior to August 1, 2013 will be grandfathered.
1. Demonstrates teamwork and communicates in a professional manner with all members of the healthcare team.
2. Demonstrates the ability to learn and apply computer technologies and procedures that affect patient care delivery.
- Licensed to practice nursing in the state of Florida
- BLS from the American Heart Association is required for all areas.
- ACLS from the American Heart Association is required at hire or transfer for the following departments: Cardiac Holding Area (730501), CVICU (730400), MICU (700400), PICU (660401), North Pre Op/PACU (633680) and Trauma Center (713100).
- ACLS from the American Heart Association is required within six (6) months of hire or transfer for the following departments: 3 ICU-North (620480), 5N CCU (730301), Cardiac Rehab (733100), Non Invasive Cardiology North (733080), and Noninvasive Cardiac Lab (733000).
- ACLS from the American Heart Association is required within six (6) months of hire or transfer for Progressive Registered Nurses in Intensive Care Units.
- PALS from the American Heart Association is required within six (6) months of hire or transfer for the following departments: PICU (660401) and Trauma Center (713100).
- Crisis Prevention Institute training within ninety (90) days, and then annually, is required for Psych Unit.
Professional certification preferred.
Less than one year of related experience.
One (1) year of clinical experience.
Job Location Information:
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Usually, you will don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great thing is that you are not alone. There are several folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center will also be simple if you already know the place to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are tips that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an implausible and commonly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms usually supply important training, belongings, and systems for task seekers. Those firms can also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A simple Internet test for job firms to your areaought to discover the place and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a selection to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The tip objective for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide companies the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can commonly be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise develop into into an enduring task for the individuals who carry out smartly during their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money when money is now tight in the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.