Hiring Organization / Company: Sonesta
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job Description SummaryThe House Attendant (HA) works with the Housekeeping Management Team to assist Room Attendants on assigned floors and/or buildings by collecting and transporting dirty linens to the laundry area, delivering clean linens to Room Attendant carts, and retrieving trash throughout the hotel. The HA assists with the commercial laundry function and/or the cleaning of public area spaces, exterior entrances to the hotel, and parking lot and will be assigned special projects as assigned by the Housekeeping Management Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making
beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning the
kitchen area, room refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishware, etc.
- Notify supervisor when service is completed so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be
serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
- When assigned to laundry, monitor laundry supplies and equipment to ensure they are sufficient and in working
order. Operate washers and dryers according to hotel standards and manufacturers’ guidelines. Receive soiled
linens and inspect for damaged or stained items. Fold and store clean linens, report damages to supervisor.
- Minimize waste of supplies and amenities within all areas of housekeeping.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Handle all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health and safety services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Some previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is preferred; other languages beneficial.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical abilities are preferred.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning chemicals.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
Job Location Information:
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is among the toughest jobs at the moment. In most cases, you will haven’t any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not alone. There are several other people available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center will also be simple if you understand the place to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an unbelievable and repeatedly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often supply essential coaching, assets, and systems for activity seekers. These companies can also be specifically helpful for younger job seekers or those with little running experience. A simple Web test for job firms to your areaought to discover the place and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The top goal for that may be to save money on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give firms the way of screening candidates. Employment services can often be a faster and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise transform into an enduring job for the people who perform smartly all over their running.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of cash while cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.