Hiring Organization / Company: Genesee & Wyoming Railroad Services Inc.
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The individual in this position will execute the customer’s purchase of rail freight transportation by coordinating all aspects of the customer’s service. He or she will communicate and arrange activities with customers, marketing, transportation, and all other applicable departments and entities. He or she will also work to develop progressive customer relationships by proactively focusing supporting the customer’s business success as a means of sustaining a railroad’s profitability. This individual will be accountable for finding solutions to complex issues in-line with established expectations under the direction of the departmental supervisor/manager.
- Act as point person for all communication to and from customer regarding service; key contact for all service performance issues.
- Ability to resolve complex service and system issues, communicating the results clearly.
- Coordinate and maintain ongoing dialogue between departments.
- Foster teamwork utilizing the best communication method.
- Take the correct action to improve the effectiveness of the Customer Service team.
- Waybill customer shipments accurately (both inbound and outbound).
- Relay, prepare and deliver clear and accurate instructions to crews.
- Be fully versed in the use of GE’s RailConnect Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Maintain accurate records in TMS for car movements, yard inventories, and other data as necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to provide effective training in TMS.
- Knowledge of special ancillary charge agreements between marketing and customers.
- Point of contact to coordinate and communicate new customer information to applicable internal departments.
- Anticipate and coordinate car movements on behalf of the customer, planning for how movements in one area of the railroad will affect other areas.
- Grow relationship with the customer, focusing on how to help their business to succeed as the means to ensure the success of our railroad.
- Take ownership of solving customer problem and developing opportunities to add value to our service to increase service profitability.
- Exhibit sense of urgency and communicate to marketing personnel all customer initiatives.
- Actively engage in the company’s safety culture.
- Cover non-assigned shifts in the event of vacations, illness, or as other business needs arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Commitment to meeting the expectations and requirements of all customers—internal & external.
- Proactively building customer input into decision-making.
- Removing barriers that stand between customers and their need for service/information.
- Effectively expressing ideas and information to individuals & groups.
- Managing verbal & non-verbal messages effectively.
- Adjusting presentation, language, terminology and style to meet the needs of the audience.
- Utilizing the best communication methods for the given situation and message.
- Listening to gain thorough understanding of root problem / opportunity.
- Exhibits objectivity and open to others’ views; contributes to building a positive team.
- Taking actions to achieve goals.
- Self-starting rather than waiting for others to dictate actions.
- Exceeding minimum requirements.
- Securing relevant information.
- Relating & comparing data from multiple sources.
- Identifying cause/effect relationships between separate elements of information.
- Ability to develop and execute alternative options.
Database & Computer Skills
- Accurately & thoroughly documenting customer transactions.
- Appropriately documenting processes & procedures.
- Capturing all processes that affect revenue.
- Communicating effectively with internal and external customers via the telephone.
- Clearly and concisely formulating information so that it is understood and applicable in a non-face-to-face format.
- Lead by example.
- Demonstrative support of company policies, procedures and initiatives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
- High school diploma or GED; Associate degree or relevant experience preferred.
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Job Location Information:
Location: Jacksonville, Fl 32224
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs this present day. Typically, you will have no clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not by yourself. There are a number of folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center will also be simple if you understand the place to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are pointers to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an unbelievable and repeatedly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently supply important coaching, belongings, and systems for process seekers. These corporations can also be in particular useful for young job seekers or the ones with little running experience. A easy Internet scan for job firms for your areaought to uncover the place and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The tip purpose for that may be to economize on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services can repeatedly be a sooner and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into a long lasting activity for the individuals who carry out neatly all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of money when money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.