Hiring Organization / Company: The Haskell Company
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Scope of Position
Captain and maintain vessel(s) in the St. Johns River and other coastal waters as required.
- Captain the vessel, to include computing positions, setting courses, and determining appropriate speeds by using on board navigation systems and tools, while considering for knowledge of local conditions, norms and laws.
- Direct and coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading and unloading, docking, cleaning, etc.
- Operating, maintaining, and repairing vessel super structure and equipment.
- Maintain equipment on board, such as engines, winches, navigational systems, fire extinguishers, and life preservers, for functional use.
- Inspect vessel and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation, and conformance to USCG and all applicable regulations.
- Maintain cruise log records of ALL engine time, cruise details, daily activities, personnel reports, ship positions and movements, ports of call, weather and sea conditions, pollution control efforts, and/or cargo and passenger status.
- Monitor the loading and discharging of cargo or passengers.
- Signal crew members or deckhands to rig tow lines, open or close gates and ramps, and pull guard chains across entries.
- Arrange for vessel to be fueled, restocked with supplies, and/or repaired.
- Purchase supplies and equipment.
- Maintain consistent communication with supervisor and administrative support.
Adhere to the following when operating the vessel:
COVID-19 Guidelines (As of Feb 2021. Written authorization required to remove guidelines.)
- Casa Mia cruises reserved for active Team Members only (including Founder) – no outside groups
- No more than 10 individuals (excluding Captain and Mate)
- Sponsoring ‘Host’ Team Member responsible for ensuring adherence to COVID related safety protocols
- Guests/Host must not have any COVID related symptoms - and affirm such before boarding
- Guests/Host must take temperature before boarding Casa Mia (must be below 100.4)
- Guests/Host must wear face covering/mask at all times other than when eating or drinking
- Guests/Host must maintain physical distancing
- Casa Mia must have ample supply of hand sanitizer and wipes for Guest/Host use
- Crew (Captain & Mate) must wear face covering/mask unless alone at helm
- Crew (Captain & Mate) must ensure regular cleaning/sanitization of rest room and general areas
High school diploma or equivalent plus 5-10 years of experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc.
- Knowledge of navigation, safety, and seamanship
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Captain’s License preferred
- Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem solving inside and outside the department/organization.
- Customer Focus: Makes service to internal and external customers a priority; focuses on exceeding customer expectations, not just meeting them; recognizes and values all key stakeholders; applies and develops service excellence skills.
- Effective Communication: Listens for understanding and appreciation, encourages open feedback; presents clearly and effectively one on one, and in small and large group settings; considers the audience in preparing messages and in choosing the appropriate communication channels; creates and encourages open channels of communication.
- Execution/Empowerment: Demonstrates the ability to get results; manages competing demands in fast paced environment with effective results; identifies and creates contingency solutions to ensure timely execution.
- Learning & Development: Learning new skills and increasing capabilities a high priority; takes action to address development needs in self and others, if applicable; identifies gaps and learning opportunities to ensure complete technical job proficiency; takes responsibility for own development and skills improvement.
- Team: Collaborate and demonstrate respect for team members, partners and everyone with whom we do business; open communication.
- Excellence: Strive for quality and safety; executed best in class; creative and innovative; dedicated for continuous improvement.
- Service: Passionate about customer service internal and external and to the community; and creates superior value.
- Trust: High standards of ethics and personal accountability; transparency; credibility; fairness
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to serve as vessel captain; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Haskell will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities) and Drug-Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Location Information:
Location: Jacksonville, Fl 32202
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs this present day. Usually, you’re going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not alone. There are a couple of people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can be simple if you realize where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an implausible and usually overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly provide very important training, belongings, and programs for task seekers. These firms may also be particularly useful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating experience. A simple Web test for job firms in your areashould uncover where and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The tip goal for that may be to economize on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give firms the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can regularly be a quicker and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn into into a long lasting activity for the individuals who carry out neatly all through their working.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of cash while cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.