Hiring Organization / Company: Pet Supermarket
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
If you are looking to join one of the largest retail operations dedicated to providing Pet Parents with the best selection of pet care items and passionate customer service, join the Pet Supermarket team! Our Assistant Store Managers possess some of the following key skills: Outgoing, upbeat, people-person, sales driven, and great organizational skills. Our Pet Experts also thrive in a high-energy environment where they work together to drive results and help Pet Parents with all their pet needs. We are dedicated to making a difference in our community and want you to be a part of our team! This may be the right opportunity for you if you are interested in making a difference in the lives of pets and their parents!
Our Assistant Store Managers are at the front lines providing friendly customer service and giving Pet Parents the best selection of pet care items! You are responsible for contributing to the success of the store by assisting the Store Manager in executing store operations. The ASM will assist and manage the 3rd Key, 4th Key, and Sales Associates in order to continue to provide our customers with World Class Service.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay
- Full-time benefits & 401K
- Vacation & Sick time
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedule
- Room for advancement
- Working with PETS!!!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure proper care of all pets in store as outlined in the Animal Care Manual
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and positive attitude in the workplace, including conducting oneself in an appropriate manner when communicating verbally, in writing or by email.
- Partner with your Store Manager in providing guidance and direction to store team in the areas of customer satisfaction, associate development, inventory control, human resources, safety, loss prevention and expense control, so that the store may operate as efficiently and profitably as possible.
- Accountable for financial results, operational metrics, operational standards, and human resource management for their areas of responsibility
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Partner with your Store Manager to maintain store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Provides continuous feedback to associates by recognizing and rewarding successful performance and addressing performance-related problems.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Follow and enforce all company policies and procedures to include operational and merchandising direction that is communicated from the Corporate Office
- Ability to work rotating schedule that includes the following:
- 2 evening shifts per week
- 1 full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) every 3 weeks
- Saturday and Sunday twice a month
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule which will include morning, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Ability to work a minimum of 45 hours per week
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Access to a motor vehicle
Education and/or Experience
- Management Experience at least 3+ years in retail establishment
- Working knowledge of POS system preferred
- Strong sales ability
Employee Management and Development
- Inspire and engage employees by motivating the team to succeed
- Lead by example
- Observe and coach employee to provide feedback around sales techniques and providing excellent customer service
- Develop and execute individual development plans for store employees
- Develop employees for growth and promotion by delegating appropriate responsibilities and inspecting completion
Pet Supermarket is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Work Place
Job Location Information:
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs these days. Generally, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not on your own. There are several folks out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if where to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are a fantastic and recurrently overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide critical training, property, and techniques for process seekers. Those firms can also be in particular useful for younger job seekers or those with little operating enjoy. A simple Web experiment for job firms on your areamust discover the place and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a selection to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The top objective for that is to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give companies the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services and products can recurrently be a faster and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise develop into into a long lasting job for the people who carry out neatly right through their working.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of cash whilst money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.