Hiring Organization / Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the things people look for in a job.
But if you’re the kind of person who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation’s wounded warriors and their families, then you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for.
Change the life of someone who served their country, and join an organization that not only supports you, but empowers you to make that change a reality.
When you join the Wounded Warrior Project family, you’re committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to you too – helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.
A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you’re ready to get started, we’re ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Adaptive Sports Specialist develops and executes single-day events and multiweek programs to educate, coach, connect, and empower wounded service members in pursuit of achievement of their adaptive sport goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, screen, and recruit warriors for participation in virtual and in-person Adaptive Sports events and multiweek programs.
- Plan, execute, and facilitate single and multiday events, providing adaptive sports resources and health-focused education to warriors with limited to no supervision from manager.
- Assist warriors with travel, assistive technology, and equipment needs to help them achieve their adaptive sports goals.
- Collaborate with WWP Physical Health and Wellness (PH&W) team on multiday events, providing additional coaching in fitness, nutrition, mobility, sleep, and health-focused education to adaptive sports warriors.
- Collaborate with WWP PH&W team to create individualized coaching programs to help warriors achieve their adaptive sports and health and wellness goals.
- Manage warrior participation throughout multiweek program, providing encouragement, support, and connection to resources through regular coaching sessions delivered by telephone or Zoom.
- Develop and execute in-person events and education classes for warriors and their families.
- Develop and facilitate virtual programming content via Zoom, Facebook Live, and other technology-based platforms.
- Identify and recommend new programming opportunities aimed at increasing interest and impact.
- Collaborate with Adaptive Sports and PH&W teammates to develop new, innovative content and curriculum.
- Serve as a liaison for WWP in the adaptive sports community. Establish and maintain community relationships to build an ecosystem of adaptive sports resources for warriors.
- Collaborate with multiple WWP departments and other key stakeholders to deliver programming and services to warriors and their families.
- Conduct public speaking activities to raise awareness of Adaptive Sports programming.
- Maintain budgets for Adaptive Sports programming within assigned region in support of leadership.
- Manage information within various systems, ensuring accuracy while maintaining data integrity/security, e.g., Cvent, Salesforce.
- Utilize validated metrics to meet strategic outcomes and key performance indicators.
- Manage multiple tasks, assignments, and functions, being comfortable in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Participate in workgroups for special projects and programming initiatives as assigned.
- Assist with onboarding and training of new teammates as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adaptive sports programming environment at the local, regional, and national levels.
- Highly motivated, passionate, and creative team player with demonstrated commitment to the organization. High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage program participants, deliver program content, and create individualized coaching plans that provide a basis for long-term healthy behavior change.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level service to warriors and their family members in the delivery of programs and events.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and work collaboratively with teammates and program stakeholders, in-person and through remote formats using video conferencing.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills. Confident communicator, with demonstrated ability to present information effectively to large audiences, small groups, and individuals. Skill and ease while speaking in public and serving as a representative for the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and build effective working relationships. Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy.
- Strong critical thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and identify viable solutions.
- Ability and dedication to travel in support of WWP programs and services outreach.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Computer proficiency and technical skills using Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Three years of experience working in the fitness industry, allied health profession, health management, wellness coaching, personal/athletic training, recreational therapy, or adaptive sports.
- One year of experience with longitudinal plan design, teaching, guiding, and coaching in adaptive sports.
- One year of experience working with and providing support to wounded service members dealing with health issues and invisible injuries.
- One year of event planning experience.
- One year of experience with customer relationship management and event management systems, e.g., Salesforce, Cvent.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, sports management, recreation management, recreation therapy, or similar health science field.
- Master’s degree in exercise science, sports management, recreation management, recreation therapy, or similar health science field.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
- CPR-First Aid certification.
- Personal Training certification (ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA), Strength and Conditioning certification (CSCS), ACSM/NCHPAD Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainers (CIFT), or other related fitness certification.
- Wellness coaching certification.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Participation in highly physical demanding activities and events under varying conditions, e.g., workouts (indoor, outdoor, virtual), hiking, and cooking classes.
- Lodging in various environments e.g., hotels, cabins.
- Up to 50% travel.
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds.
Wounded Warrior Project® is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of the referral or through other means."
Job Location Information:
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs at the moment. Normally, you will don’t have any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not on your own. There are a number of folks out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center will also be simple if you realize where to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are pointers to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an unbelievable and usually overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide vital coaching, property, and programs for job seekers. These corporations can also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or those with little operating experience. A easy Internet experiment for job firms on your areamust uncover where and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The end purpose for that is to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply companies the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can usually be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn into into an enduring task for the people who carry out neatly all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money when money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.